Have you made and posted your cloud eggs on Instagram yet? You do know this will change your life right?
Its a new breakfast trend with fluffy, cloud-like egg whites with the yolk right there in the middle, like the sun.
I gotta thank the gf for making mine this morning. They were QUITE delicious! :-)
The dish starts with separating the egg yolks before whipping the whites to create those little fluffy clouds. And since they’re only about 160 calories, even healthy eaters can get in on this trend.
Here’s how to make cloud eggs:
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Whisk the whites until it has a fluffy and thick texture. Add in any extras like cheese, ham, or bacon.
- Drop whites in small piles on a baking sheet. Be sure to leave a hole for the yolk.
- Bake in the oven at 450 for 5-8 minutes or until the whites begin to brown.
- Take them out of the oven and fill the holes with the yolk. Bake again for three more minutes.
- Remove and enjoy!